We Realize that "Off-the-Shelf" Doesn't Always Fit
Established in 1981, SmartPros is a leading provider of accredited professional education and training to Fortune 500 companies, as well as the major firms and associations in its professional markets. Our combined subscription libraries feature hundreds of course titles covering subjects in the accounting, auditing, business law, economics, ethics, finance, management services, and tax. From self-study and live training, to virtual classroom and streaming learning, SmartPros is the gold standard for training and provides accreditation for CPE in all 50 states.
Live Training Solutions
SmartPros' live training division, the Loscalzo Institute, can provide the best trainers on the hottest topics in the accounting and finance communities. Whether you want off the shelf or custom developed topics, SmartPros has a solution for you.
Live Public Seminars
Loscalzo Institute offers live training through State Societies and at its' own locations throughout the U.S each year. Choose from eight hour seminars on one topic, or combine multiple topics consisting of two and four hour programs on any of the following categories of subjects:
- Professional Ethics
- Governmental and Not-for-Profit
- Employee Benefit Plans
- Professional Development
Take advantage of our experience in educational programming development to satisfy the strategic objectives of your organization. All public courses offered by the Loscalzo Institute can be tailored for your own in-house training.
Send qualified team members to industry-critical conferences that detail important data they need to effectively do their job. Conferences typically focus on:
- Tax Withholding and Information Reporting Conference
- Not-for-Profit Conference (annual event)
Blended Learning Solutions
When you want to make sure learning occurs in a corporate learning environment, is it better to bring your learners together in a classic live classroom experience with an expert facilitating the learning interaction, or better to support your learners with access to self-study resources, or both? The good news is depending on which learning modality best suits your learning objective, online self-study, group live programs with your own facilitators, live programs delivered and facilitated by SmartPros’ experts, or a blend of these programs, SmartPros can deliver the ideal solution.
Download our Blended Learning Flyer
Sample Blended Learning Topics
Here is a partial list of topics that could be developed into comprehensive blended learning programs that can also be adapted to your particular needs:
- Revenue Recognition
- FASB Update
- SEC Enforcement Update
- Fraud Prevention Update
- Normal Purchase Normal Sale – Avoiding Derivative Treatment
- Update on Internal Controls, SOX and COSO - Adequacy of Evidence of Effective Controls – Recent heighted enforcement by PCAOB and SEC
- Earning A Seat at the Table – Evolving from Financial Reporting to Trusted Advisor
- Effective Use of Data Analytics – Isolating Cause and Effect
- Avoiding Mistakes - Benefits of Evolving Towards Single Source of Truth
- Best Practices in Budgeting and Forecasting
- Update/Best Practices in Sustainability Reporting
- Dealing with Difficult Business Counterparts
- Project Management Best Practices for Financial Professionals
- Understanding Neuro-Science to Improve Leadership and Team Building
- Assessing and Making the Most of Team Strengths and Weaknesses
- What CFOs Look for from Their Finance Teams
- Making Presentations More Powerful
- Team Communication – How to Improve
- Stress Management for Financial Professionals
- Masterful Time Management
- Secrets of Impactful Writing for Financial Professionals
Depth of Content
We pride ourselves with an unprecedented depth of regulatory training in areas that are complex and difficult to navigate, yet critically important in today’s accounting and financially focused world.
Featuring over 700 accredited continuing professional education (CPE) courses in a variety of formats, including online, live webinars, live seminars and conferences. Specializing in all areas of accounting & finance, such as corporate accounting, financial management, public accounting, government & not-for-profit accounting, tax, and more. Subscription catalogs include: SmartPros Advantage, Financial Management Network, CPA Report, and CPA Report - Government & Not-for-Profit.